Welcome to the TGAfans.com, discussion for Gaslight Anthem music fans! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the Forums!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Who would you like to see play with TGA?

Who would you like to see play with TGA?

Postby johnkelly730 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:23 pm

I know Springsteen and Gaslight Anthem have played on the same stage before. That would be cool to see. Or do a tour with Frank Turner.
The ultimate show I would like to see: The Gaslight Anthem opening for Tom Petty and the Heartbreaker
johnkelly730

Re: Who would you like to see play with TGA?

Postby PJK » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:05 am

They did tour with Frank Turner years ago, didn't they? It would be cool if that happened again, but it is unlikely.

Gaslight opening for Tom Petty, haha. That would be awesome, but I don't know if Tom will be touring too much more.

Something I just thought of - imagine a show where it was all just acoustic. Frank Turner could do well, Petty could kill it, Fleetwood Mac, Gaslight.
PJK

Site Admin

Postby johnkelly730 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:13 am

An acoustic show would be pretty sweet. Probably would be tough to get into since the venue would have to be pretty small.
johnkelly730

Postby PJK » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:10 pm

johnkelly730 wrote:An acoustic show would be pretty sweet. Probably would be tough to get into since the venue would have to be pretty small.

Why do you say that? Acoustic can be played fine with amps. Search Youtube for a live version of Landslide by Fleetwood Mac. It is just Stevie's voice and then an acoustic guitar - it's amazing.
PJK

Site Admin

Postby tabihughes » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:56 pm

I saw them at Riot Fest in Dallas with NOFX and The decendants. I would love to see them with NOFX again!
Love The Gaslight Anthem!!!
tabihughes

Postby hsmall » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:04 am

all i know is that the day they play with joyce manor will be one of the best days of my life haha
hsmall

Postby johnkelly730 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:41 pm

hsmall wrote:all i know is that the day they play with joyce manor will be one of the best days of my life haha

Haven't heard of Joyce Manor. I'll have to check out some of their songs.

tabihughes wrote:I saw them at Riot Fest in Dallas with NOFX and The decendants. I would love to see them with NOFX again!
Love The Gaslight Anthem!!!

That sounds like a fun concert!
johnkelly730

Postby hsmall » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:09 pm

johnkelly730 wrote:
hsmall wrote:all i know is that the day they play with joyce manor will be one of the best days of my life haha

they are a punk band from torrance, california. They require a certain type of taste though. In this interview brian says himself that joyce manor is great. I highly recommend checking them out. http://youtu.be/C-MTezGovM4?t=7m39s
hsmall

Postby PJK » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:24 pm

hsmall wrote:
johnkelly730 wrote:

they are a punk band from torrance, california. They require a certain type of taste though. In this interview brian says himself that joyce manor is great. I highly recommend checking them out. http://youtu.be/C-MTezGovM4?t=7m39s

I have seen that video before, but haven't listened to Joyne Manor. Can you recommend a few good songs to listen to?
PJK

Site Admin

Postby johnkelly730 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:09 pm

I listened to a few songs...not bad. They must be pretty small still since I didn't find a wikipedia page about them haha. I noticed they are signed with the same record label as Andrew Jackson Jihad who I saw open for Frank Turner a year ago.
johnkelly730

Next

Return to Tours / Tickets