Welcome to the TGAfans.com, discussion for Gaslight Anthem music fans! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the Forums!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

The Gaslight Anthem’s Brian Fallon on fan expectations

The Gaslight Anthem’s Brian Fallon on fan expectations

Postby PJK » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:20 pm

The Gaslight Anthem's Brian Fallon has posted a message to fans regarding expectations, Bruce Springsteen comparisons, and the band's evolving artistic focus going forward.

In his message, Fallon expresses a desire to "go away from the press," stating he has "nothing left to say until we find what that next chapter of our band is." In addition, he urges fans to accept The Gaslight Anthem for who they are, not for who they are compared to or associated with.

See the full letter here: http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/the_ ... isnt_bruce

Thoughts?
PJK

Site Admin

Re: The Gaslight Anthem’s Brian Fallon on fan expectations

Postby jonester » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:40 am

I was at all three shows that weekend. Saturdays show was filled with die hard fans, you had to be to get in. it was a totally awesome show with an equally awesome crowd( the fact i was front n center didn't hurt either). The pier shows on the other hand had a lot of people that i wouldn't call true fans. i even heard"play the cookman song" I think what really pissed off brian, and this is only a guess, is that even after he voiced his opinion about the bruce shouts, a few continued to diss him by continuing. Now I have the loudest BRUCE you'll ever hear, but the ONLY time I ever did it at a gaslight show was when Bruce joined gaslight at the convention center in asbury park. Brian is an awesome songwriter who obviously puts a lot of work into his songs and deserves to be recognized so and not constantly compared to another artist. That really isn't the complement people think it is to geniuses like him.
jonester

Re: The Gaslight Anthem’s Brian Fallon on fan expectations

Postby PJK » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:29 pm

While the letter seems fine to me, it sounds like Brian is letting the critics get to them too much. Just play and produce music. The people who like it will stay. Use good criticism to improve, but neglect the poor criticism. If they compare him to Springsteen everyday, who cares? He shouldn't.
PJK

Site Admin

Return to General TGA Discussion